WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Tuesday 21 November 2023

Pretty earrings ...

 

Pretty earrings caught my eye.

Feeling slightly wicked, I asked the price.

Affordable! And I’d just had a birthday….


It was only at home, unwrapping them,

that I saw ‘Thank you for supporting

a Tasmanian designer’ and then

‘Launceston’ – my birthplace.


How sweet that the town I grew up in

nurtures, now, a maker of earrings,

earrings which found me for my birthday,


84 years after that first birthday

in the hilly little town at the end

of the river and under the mountains.

Thank you, dear Tasmanian designer!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)