WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Sunday 22 October 2023

Wanting to escape ...

 

Wanting to escape tonight

from wars on the other side of the world

(but it’s such a small planet, and

there isn’t a fence across the middle)

or from fires starting to surround my town 

and being brought under control again daily

(we just don’t know when there will be

some sudden surge or shift of wind)

and from all the many other things

there’s a need to escape from, including

an app on my phone telling me that

my walking’s unsteady (I know, right)

I take refuge again in Netflix, lose myself

in something light and pretty … briefly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)