WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Friday 16 June 2023

Out and about in our small town …


Out and about in our small town

I met friend after friend, some

not seen in months. We caught up

with what’s been happening. One’s

elderly husband died not long ago;

also she told me a neighbour’s moved,

whom I’d been wondering about.

She gave me a kiss and promised

to drop in for a cuppa soon. Another’s 

(not elderly) husband is having a show

next month of his paintings; I said I’d

attend. As I left the pharmacy, I was hailed 

from a car behind me, about to leave the kerb, 

calling a reminder: we’ve entered dark moon.

Flitting like mist through our winter town, 

I met friend after friend. I’m warmed solid.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)