WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Thursday 15 June 2023

13 Good Things Today


  1. My doctor took away some pain.
  2. He told me my blood pressure’s fine.
  3. A peaceful walk in winter sun.
  4. Two friends quoted Yeats online.
  5. Another posted from Stonehenge;
  6. I loved those calm old stones again.
  7. Completing my ‘Manifest’ binge.
  8. On the scales my weight was down.
  9. I had bright purple panties on.
  10. I ate my veggies; they were green.
  11. I chatted with my dead husband.
  12. I smooched with my cat yet again.
  13. Remembered to put out the bin.

8 comments:

  1. I love how this reads like a poem, Rosemary. As a poet you can't help it! And it reflects such a simple yet full life, zeroing in on the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colleen. I'm very glad it reads that way to you because I could help it and was trying very hard to make it into something that could be called a poem.

      Delete
  2. Removal of pain is a good thing. Welcome to Thursday Thirteen, although your name seems familiar to me. Maybe you've played before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have played a coupe of times since discovering it recently. I don't always remember to.

      Delete
  3. Is there anything better than the cessation of pain? Probably, but it feels so good when it happens. How did you like Manifest? I finished that up last week, and I have thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found Manifest very exciting, a cross between speculative and thriller, and the characters fully engaged me. It was a bit Biblical for me, but not in a narrow way, and I know that was true to the American context and a good plot device too. I also thought it was a palatable way of making a devastating critique of the fearsome, hidden power of governments, including those we think fair and benevolent.

      Delete
    2. Further thoughts: I loved the way the characters were drawn in depth. Even the ones we deplored, we were shown how they got that way and/or how they believed they were doing good.

      Delete

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)