WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Saturday 29 April 2023

I'm wearing around my neck ...

 I’m wearing around my neck today 

a small Celtic cross with a fleur-de-lys in the middle 

and three identical circles down the back, 

inherited from the magician Ridge, my mentor.


He’d had it chrome-plated by a friend. When that 

wore off, I painted it with silver nail polish, sparkly.


His big cross, broad as a breast-plate, 

studded with crystals, went in the coffin with him. 

So did the jade ring, shaped and carved as a scarab.

I have my own scarab ring now, of silver, a perfect fit.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)