WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Saturday 29 April 2023

Extra

Appalled by the stunning mediocrity

of these daily verses, faced with the way 

they expose how banal Is my everyday life

(though I happen to enjoy my little life) —


and for those which do go deeper, 

sharing on Instagram and facebook 

is truthfully not easy but somewhat reluctant 


I almost decide to stop. Or do it less often?

But then I think, I could name it an Experiment,

removing value judgments, and see where that leads.



(Extra because it exceeds my daily quota.)

 

 

Note: When I posted this to facebook, it was very gratifying that many people said, 'No,please don't stop; we love them!' Some argued that they are not banal but show the importance of everyday experiences, and the beauty that can be found in them. Needless to say, I didn't stop!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)