WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Sunday 26 November 2023

The vet and ...

 

The vet and her nurse arrive about 4

for the monthly clip of Poppi’s claws.

(My arthritic hands won’t). ‘How was

your Open Day?’ I ask. ‘Very good. 

How was your book launch?’ ‘Lovely!’

Pity they clashed! We invited each other

before we realised. Poppi herself is glad

my book launch is over. Preparing for that

took time she’d have preferred I spend 

with her – lately, strangely, it almost seemed 

I must have forgotten her supreme importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)