WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Tuesday 19 September 2023

The wild girl ...

 

‘The wild girl in the heart’ 

(Dorothy Hewett’s phrase)

hides, these days, in a slow,

faltering body. I navigate stairs

bit by bit, angling my feet

painstakingly, not to trip.

Dorothy herself got old and fat,

but still sat down on the grass 

with Nigel Roberts and me

at a Montsalvat poetry fest,

discussing our various erotica.

If I sank to the ground now,

I don’t think I’d ever get up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)