WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Tuesday 27 June 2023

We didn't meet all that often ...


We didn’t meet all that often 

in the years she was here


yet now I seem to see her

in various spots around town


not cavorting all over her new city

as her social media posts show


rejoicing in its parks and shops

the new walks for her dog


her fancy new clothes and

the obvious feeling of freedom.


We can still talk, but I liked unexpectedly

bumping into her, that flash of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)