WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Saturday 24 June 2023

Today felt soft ...


Today felt soft. Sweet. Calm.

I began it with listening to my inner voice

which told me surprising things –

truthful things. I realised

it’s a long time since I listened like that.

I wrote down the questions I asked myself

and the answers that came.

Then I placed my hands where, on my body,

I felt the need for a blessing.

I felt myself still. I felt myself breathe.

Simple things, and enough.




(I was following instructions in a DailyOm course I just began: 

Writing Your Deepest Prayer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)