WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Friday 31 March 2023

Dede wants to come and see ...

Dede wants to come and see my garden.

But thanks to that last spurt of Summer,

my garden’s wrecked. I plan to create, next,

the garden I want, not the one my loving friends

keep trying to give me: no watering needed 

and only a minimum of weeding and pruning;

hardy natives, succulents, with colourful leaves 

instead of flowers, and between the paving stones 

a tiny, quick-spreading ground cover; nothing

that needs more care than I’m ready to give.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)