WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Thursday 27 April 2023

I devour whole books ...

 I devour whole books in a day, for escape;

listen to music, then suddenly decide 

I don’t like it after all and turn it back off.


Two dear friends and one old lover 

are all dangerously ill. Like me, not young …

yet how can I bear my loss and their pain?


1 comment:

  1. Comments transferred from the blog where this used to be posted.

    BarbApril 29, 2023 at 7:32 AM

    This week, two friends died - I guess it's to be expected with age. I'm the same with books. Stay well.
    Reply
    Replies

    Rosemary Nissen-WadeApril 29, 2023 at 8:16 AM

    Thanks, Barb. Yes it is to be expected, but that doesn't make it much easier. I am staying as well as I can! You too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)