WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Tuesday 25 April 2023

Between sleeps ...

Between sleeps, she comes looking for me,

or calls me to her. Sometimes she wants food, 

sometimes she wishes me to know she would like

clean kitty litter immediately, and sometimes she needs

big long cuddles and smooches which she rewards

by sustained purrs. There are times when she just 

wants to hang, settling near me wherever I am. 

Occasionally she comes to make sure I’m still here: 

finds me, checks me over for a minute, then goes back

to resting, day-dreaming, or looking out windows.

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)