WHAT'S THIS?

Having been immersed in memoir writing for many months, I decided to write a small poem every day for a year to keep my poetic hand in. I've posted them to Instagram and facebook as written – where, to my amazement, people love them – but on this blog they are sometimes subject to later rewriting.
Comments are moderated. If they take time to appear, don't panic. Please add your name if Google forces you to comment as Anonymous.

Sunday 26 March 2023

I wake up far too early ...

I wake up far too early and cry,

then bury myself in a fantasy novel 

with an anti-hero who reminds me

of the man who died a long time ago.


I come to the end of the tale over breakfast,

close the book and remember to be glad

about yesterday’s State election result …


trying to pretend to ingest slowly

that knowledge I swallowed whole, late last night

of another old friend, dear and dying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Please don't panic if they don't appear here immediately. (I live DownUnder, so if you're UpOver, time difference may cause delay.)